Some Cool Tunes We're Going To Share - Plus A Free DJ Marky Edit

Just about finished choosing some new music for the summer season this July that's right on cue with the old shiney round shaped thing in the sky coming out to play at very long last

I've had a bit of a hard time in recent months finding material that suits our dance floors and have up until now been relying on tracks that stretch back a certain distance in time to get the floors energized

I've even contemplated that house music as such isn't ever going to re-invent any wheels and has unfortunately decided to grind to a resounding halt or has somehow like me become preoccupied with times gone by for inspiration

This perception is completely my fault at the end of the day and I know I should try harder as a dj and music fan to invest more time and energy into searching for something that I feel comfortable with and enthused enough to play to people

Whenever I get into this state of disengagement I tend to look a little closer at music I might have passed up on initial inspection and once again begin to take a few personal risks by jumping slightly to the side of my usual musical comfort zone

So here's what I've come up with this month, 4 tracks hopefully covering some ground plus a nice summer edit from Brazilian Drum n Bass DJ Marky on the latin tip, nothing groundbreaking but a really nice track for the warmer months at the bottom end of the bpm spectrum

All the other choices are house based ranging from the melodic to the slightly wobbly to the heavily groove based variety. I've even managed to find some bongo's in one or two of the productions whilst leaving the good ship disco alone for a month (that won't last)

Happy listening and enjoy the selections

And remember - there's a nice free Marky re-edit in there too ;)